Friday, February 15, 2019

Hitman 2 - Elusive Target 4 - Bumpkin is a Slur (and Sniper Assassin)

Another month, another Elusive Target, thought this time I'm not alone. My friend Andre Doucet is with me this time, as we tackle The Fugitive.



This Elusive Target seems to be another experiment in introducing a random element. The last time they attempted this was during The Revolutionary, where the target could be located in a finite number of locations by the pier in Santa Fortuna. This required the player to readjust their whole strategy with each attempt, and wasn't all the great in my opinion.

I don't have that same frustration here. There probably should have been a clause where the other two possible targets can't be killed, because I suspect there are players who will just re-roll until the one they poison is the actual target, but they're getting closer to using randomization to curtail the endless retrying one might otherwise see in Elusive Targets.

As for the Sniper Challenge, I think it's a great idea, and a fun mission. I'm just *bad* at it.

No comments: