Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hitman (2016) - Episode 35 - Happy Holideaths

I know it's late, but now's still an excellent time to celebrate the season of hitting, with Hitmas!



One of the things I love about Hitman, and its the same reason a mission like this can exist, is that it really doesn't take itself seriously. And because of that, it's completely willing and able to play around and poke fun at both itself and others.



There's not much to this mission on a superficial level. It's pretty easy to just find and murder the two targets. But there's so much too it when the player explores the map to its fullest. As I stated in the episode, the player can take down Santa and take his outfit. What I didn't say in this episode is that if the player is wearing the Santa suit, they can escape through the chimney.

I'm not kidding, take a look at this (around the 2:30 mark):



The fact both 47 and the world play the straight man to shenanigans like this is such an important part of this game's charm that it's hard to understate it.

But as for what I was talking about in the episode, it will be difficult with the Elusive Targets, but once more main story/bonus missions start to come out again, I promise that I will follow through on what I said and begin to start improving through the game a lot more.

No comments: