Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hitman (2016) - Episode 34 - Out of Touch and Time

And now, we finally kill a sweet old lady!



I admit, when I looked up the solution to see what I was missing, I kicked myself for not realizing that the soldiers would move on their own if the player just let's them talk. This is something that I probably would have known if I watched/played more Marrakesh play. I've never cared much for this map, so I don't know as much about it as I do the others.

As I mention in the video, it's very often that getting Silent Assassin has almost nothing to do with the player's ability to execute their plan. Usually, the steps to get a Silent Assassin rating are pretty easy to perform. The tricky part is usually in figuring out what exactly the solution *is*. It's often very deceptively simple.

If I had stuck to my original plan, this contract would probably been over in a single episode. I saw the differences between the normal map and the variant for the target. At the time, I even knew about the pipe, and how to use it as a way to sneak up to the roof silently. The only thing I didn't realize was that letting those two guards talk would give me the opening I needed. And that comes strictly down to map knowledge.

There's always a way. You just have to find it.

No comments: