Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Texture Pop: Episode 42: Game Player Haters


0:01:15 Gaming News.
Supergirl TV Show Trailer
As a whole, it piqued my interest in the show enough that I want to give it a chance. It has some parts that DC fans might not like, but there's enough done right that I think it can both bring some female attention to DC superheroes and get old fans to keep watching.



0:15:45 Garrett has played some Dying Light.
It's a game I have had my eye on for quite some time. Though zombies have begun to show their decay, it's nice to know that there are still some new and interesting things that can be done with them.
We also have a really good discussion on durability mechanics in video games in this segment.



0:28:45 I had a summer indie game adventure.
In particular, I played Flower, The Unfinished Swam, and Race the Sun.
They all have their strengths and weaknesses. At the same time, each one is worth spending time with just to see some of the other game design ideas.
Out of the three, I had the most fun with Race the Sun. Though it was the hardest, I was very engaged in trying to get as high of a score as I can.
At the same time, both Flower and The Unfinished Swam show how one can use non-violent mechanics to keep players interested.



0:38:45 I finished Demon's Souls.
But we're not talking about it until Sam gets back.



0:39:00 I played Bravely Default.
As a fan of the old-school Final Fantasy games, I am LOVING this game. The turn-manipulation mechanics at the core of the game give players more control over the pace of a battle. There are also enough difficulty options that any RPG fan should be able to get the kind of gameplay experience they want. Despite the classic (read: generic) Final Fantasy plot, there's enough going for Bravely Default to keep my interest.



0:51:30 Sam, Chris, my friend Ryu, and I played Friday Night FUSE!
And at this point, we are really only playing it so that we can get to the end. It's just a bland game.



0:59:30 Chris talks about his new move, and getting internet set up.
Here are the "Super Bitch" and "Asshole Brown" stories I talked about.



1:02:30 Chris binge watches Chappelle's Show.
Like I said, this is on my list of shows to watch. I will get to it at some point.



1:24:45 Wrapping Us.
Feel free to e-mail us at thetexturepop@gmail.com.
Garrett's Twitch can be found here
My article on the popularity of Demon's Souls
And, of course, Interactive Friction.

No comments: