Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Texture Pop: Episode 39: 200cc Omen



Hosts: Chris, Brandon, Garrett

0:02:05 Gaming News
Steam no longer supports paid mods in Skyrim
Thank goodness. I'm no against modders getting paid, but there was no way this was going to work. Here's Shamus's take, as promised.

What the fuck, Konami?
Clearly, they don't even care anymore.



0:21:15 Viewer Questions
"Is there anyone in the film or television field that you'd like to get involved in game design?"
This question was clearly inspired by Silent Hills. It was interesting to ruminate.

"What do you predict that Kojima's next project will be?"
I legitimately wonder this. I would assume that either way, he'll want to take some time off to recharge after what Konami did.



0:35:00 Garrett's Week



0:44:25 I player Unrest
It's a good RPG, but sadly that's all I have to say about it. I wish I had more meaningful commentary than that, and I wish the game left a bigger impression on me.



0:47:30 I played The Banner Saga
Though I played on Easy, I really enjoyed the game. Every part of it feeds into the overall tone the developers were trying for.
If you want to know more about the combat, I wrote an article about it.



0:55:40 I watched Serenity
That basically ends my Joss Whedon marathon. I've seen everything I need to know.



0:57:55 Chris played some Nintendo-DLC
In particular, we spent most of the conversation on Mario Kart DLC.



1:07:00 Wrapping Up

No comments: