Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Texture Pop: Episode 48: The Magical Mind of Yoko Taro



0:00:00 Gaming News
Destiny/Red Bull crossover codes being guessed.
This story could have been infinitely worse, but it's still just more and more bad news for Destiny.

Warner Bros. knew of Arkham Knight's bad PC performance months before
(Link to Shamus Young's article on porting.)
I hope this teaches WB a lesson on why it's important to take care of your customers.

Ubisoft learned from their mistakes with Watch_Dogs
(Interactive Friction talks over the Watch_Dogs trailer.)
I can't add anything here that I didn't already say in either the podcast or during Interactive Friction. You know my thoughts on Watch_Dogs by now.



0:16:06 Chris plays more Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
And we discuss the pitfalls of the overuse and abuse of collectibles in both the Assassin's Creed franchise and the Batman: Arkham franchise.



0:24:29 Chris and I have each been playing Nier, from Yoko Taro.
If you've been listening to this podcast for a while, you know about our collective fandom of Yoko Taro. This is a more tempered conversation of his works, but still a bit on the gushy side.



0:48:50 I played Paranautical Activity
Again, it is not a bad game, but it just doesn't compare to The Binding of Issac, which does the same thing but better.



0:50:41 I played Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
This time, I used Lady/Trish. I talk about how interesting it is to use a ranged character in a game with so many melee-focused characters.



0:56:30 Sam played Batman: Arkham Knight while his PC was getting fixed.
(Spoilers from 0:58:10 to 1:10:20)
This was a bit of a continuation of the conversation we had on the last podcast. We also take the time to discuss the potential future for Rocksteady.



1:19:25 Sam played more Weeaboo Anime Trash.
Y'know how it is with Sam. He plays something anime-related, and I crack a few jokes about it. I don't hate anime, but I can't resist.



1:28:45 Wrapping Up
Interactive Friction might come off hiatus soon.

No comments: