Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Texture Pop: Episode 47: Yaoi Fangirls Rejoice!



0:00:30 Gaming News
Arkham Knight pulled from Steam
Given what we were saying last week, this comes as no surprise.

Red Bull-exclusive quest in Destiny
It's just... I mean.... why?



0:14:30 Garrett returns to the cast!
(Note: From 0:17:20 until 0:22:20, we get into a very spoiler-heavy discussion about Among the Sleep)
It's good to have Garrett back on the show. He's been busy as hell lately, so it's sometimes hard for him to find the time.



0:24:35 Chris played Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
A pirate's life for him.



0:35:05 Chris played J-Stars Victory VS+
Anyone who is a big fan of anime would be well served by buying this game.
I should point out that is was pretty irresponsible of me to say that implementing Cross-Save is "easy". Even without knowing the particulars of their code bases for each version, which would be a huge factor in how difficult it would be, I have no idea how complex the act of changing a save file from a PS3 or PS4-compatible format to a PS Vita compatible format would be or vice-versa. It could honestly be very complicated.
Cross-Play is also another really interesting, and difficult, programming challenge. Given the decidedly low-budget given to this game, I can totally understand why it wouldn't get implemented. I imagine that relative to Cross-Play, Cross-Save is easier to implement, but I should acknowledge that both are probably a lot harder than I am giving them credit for in the podcast.




0:51:00 Chris saw the movie Inside Out
As with most movies, I will get this on DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out. I can't wait until then.



0:55:00 I played Batman: Arkham Knight
(Note: This section contains MASSIVE SPOILERS for the game's story.)
Arkham Knight isn't a bad game, but there a lot of things I wish they did better. It has some really noticeable flaws.



1:16:45 I played Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
Since I just played the first three games, this was the perfect time for them to release the Special Edition of DMC4, at least for me. I'm really happy with the game.



1:29:35 Wrapping Up
Garrett's Twitch Channel
Interactive Friction Plays Watch_Dogs
My article on Dante from Devil May Cry

No comments: