Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Texture Pop: Episode 36: All About the Vapes

First off, I'd like to apologize for the complete lack of annotations for last week's podcast. A lot went on last week, so I wasn't able to get them done.

We're also changing things up on the podcast front. Sam's getting busier and busier with all of his side projects, so from now on Chris will be taking responsibility for the act of hosting, editing, and publishing the podcast.

The other big change was the use of Mumble. Previous episode were recorded over Skype. With Mumble, we hope that uncompressed audio will make the listening experience more pleasant. We still have some kinks to work out, but it sounds a lot better.

Lastly, we still have no viewer questions. If you would like to submit a question, comment, or something you'd like read on the air, send us an e-mail at thetexturepop@gmail.com.



0:02:15 Gaming News
New Deus Ex game: Mankind Divided.
I'm really excited for it. Human Revolution was a great game, and I have a feeling I will enjoy going back to that world.

The Tomb Raider reboot is the best-selling game in the franchise... ever.
Take that, Square-Enix circa 2013.



0:15:25 Sam played Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
And he tells us a bit about how different it feels from the point of view of a chronic Dark Souls-player.



0:23:30 Sam played DMC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
It seems like the fact that all four of us liked the reboot is a bit of an anomaly. It's really not a bad game, and the new edition seems to address most of my complaints about the original version, including some of the more objectionable jokes.



0:39:00 Garrett attends the East Coast Gaming Conference (ECGC)
It was really to hear him talk about it. I would love to attend such a conference in the future, when finances allow.



0:50:50 Garrett purchased a Vape.
Which gets us talking about drugs and cigarettes.



0:56:55 I finished Final Fantasy 3.
I noticed as I was saying it in this episode, but there are a lot of RPGs that I loved until the ending. RPGs don't do endings very well.



1:02:00 I played Pillars of Eternity.
I've really enjoyed my playthrough thus far. It does well to pay homage to old games like Baldur's Gate, without duplicating a lot of the big problems of those games. A good fusion of old and new mechanics.



1:19:00 Chris played more Dragonball: Xenoverse
And we're still not sure if he likes it or not.



1:34:15 Wrapping Up.
Remember to write to us at thetexturepop@gmail.com
My Dragon Age: Inquisition article is here.
Also, my new comment is unveiled, which you can interact with at the bottom of this very post, among others.
And, of course, Interactive Friction is almost finished with it's second season, which you can see here.

No comments: