Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Texture Pop: Episode 33: Tactical Puzzle Solving

Sam was completely exhausted when we recorded this episode. Because of that, he had to miss out on the podcast. A shame, because we talk about a lot of topics which call for his input.



0:02:30 Viewer Questions
"Have any of you guys played Ori and the Blind Forest?"
Guess what? Sam did. And next week, he may even talk about it. As someone who hasn't I have to admit it looks really good and I'd love to play it.

Have you guys seen the trailer for Pixels?
I am open to this being a good movie. However, Adam Sandler does not exactly have the best track record. I will be watching how this develops with guarded expectations.



0:12:50 Gaming News
Hideo Kojima will be leaving Konami after Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Like I said in the podcast, I would say this is the beginning of the end for Konami. Aside from the YuGiOh card game (and video games), they don't have much else. With Kojima gone, I have no idea what Konami is going to do with Silent Hills now, since they just let go of the guy who was supposed to make it. It's not looking good.

PlayStation Vue is Sony's answer to cable.
And it's dumb. With far too few channels at far too great a price, I have no idea how Sony plans to make that work. I'm not even sure who the target market is for this service. It's confusing, to say the least.



0:30:50 Garrett discusses his computer troubles.
Turns out it is an issue with the latest update to the drivers for his graphics card. We've all haad issues like this, and it's good to vent about them when they happen. Also, congrats to Garrett for starting his Twitch channel.



0:39:40 Garrett talks about the rest of his week.



0:44:40 I finished Dragon Age 2.
I wish Sam was here, because it would've been a much more interesting conversation than it was. I like Dragon Age 2 is a good game, but it has a lot of flaws. It's paced so much better than Origins was. At the same time, it's ending is complete garbage.
Where Chris thinks the game is garbage, and Sam likes it, I'm somewhere in the middle. There will be an article about it soon.



0:57:30 I played Valiant Hearts: The Great War.
It's a game worth playing, but it bizarre issues with keeping a consistent tone. The puzzles also really wreak the pacing of the game.
While awkward, the game is still good. I'm also working on an article for this game.



1:06:10 Chris talks about playing Punch-Out, featuring Mr. Dream.
And he talk about that for a bit.



1:20:00 Wrapping Up.
Interactive Friction can be found here.
My Resident Evil 5 article is here.

No comments: