Sunday, December 30, 2018

Hitman 2 - Improvisation Run - Part 4 - Mumbai (Attempt 2)

Now that the game's save system is back online, we can safely continue the Improvisation Run. We return to Mumbai to finish what we started.

If you want to watch runs like this as they are recorded, be sure to subscribe to my Twitch.



I was surprised at how quickly this run in Mumbai went after last time. Part of it obviously comes down to map knowledge, since I know much more about the level layout and mission stories than I did before.

But part of it is how good Hitman is at informing the player of what's going on in their surroundings at any given moment. Given any particular screenshot, I would be able to identify exactly what is happening in the shot, even if I didn't know anything in the map prior to that. Dots over enforcers heads, instinct to see other people through walls, HUD elements to show when players are either trespassing or in a hostile area, and the new picture-and-picture system from Blood Money all make the game incredibly readable.

That said, I'm a little disappointed in how smooth this whole mission went. I want things to be a little chaotic, and this was far too smooth to experience what happens when things go wrong.

No comments: