Thursday, October 1, 2015

Interactive Friction: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1

In case you weren't aware, Sam really enjoys anime. Though I joke about anime a lot, I don't have any particular like or hate of it. Sam's friend Taylor, who I've spoken to a few times, is also an avid anime fan. So what happens when you take their love of anime and combine it with our collective exhaustion after the Watch_Dogs season...

...this.


I don't have much to say on the actual game aside from what was said in the episode. This isn't a bad game for someone who absolutely loves any and every JRPG and/or anime, but no one else really needs to bother. And though it has a great premise as a parody of the game industry, it doesn't do enough with it to keep my interest.

The more important takeaway from this episode was that our new set-up works. Unlike previous episodes, Sam recorded the gameplay footage before we recorded. This eliminates the lag on my reactions that you probably noticed on the three seasons thus far. We also all recorded our own audio separate, to give Sam more freedom in the editing booth. On top of that, I purchased a studio-quality microphone to use in recording.

I think the final result speaks for itself. All the changes seem to be for the better. We'll probably keep this up until we think of an even better setup...

....but with less anime.

No comments: