Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Interactive Friction: Far Cry 3: Episode 4: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dilweed

In this episode, we finally fixed the audio issue that we were having before. Now, our audio should be balance. Also, this episode is longer than we intended as not much of note happened in the beginning episode. The same thing occurs towards the end, which is why we fast-forward through a lot of it.



Since we brought up first-person driving in this episode, I want to take a second to elaborate a bit more on why I disliked it in this game.

The only reason I bring it up now is that shortly after the time of this recording, I played Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut. That game also had first-person driving, but I didn't mind it as much as I did in Far Cry 3.

I can think of a few reasons for this. First, Deadly Premonition's driving feels a little slower than it does in Far Cry 3. While that seems counter-intuitive, it means that in DP, I have an easier time seeing where I am going while driving. Also, it is still significantly faster than walking.
Meanwhile, in Far Cry 3, the cars go so fast that the scenery, at least for me, just zooms passed me. This makes it much more difficult to navigate,

Another reason I can think of is that Deadly Premonition allowed you to have conversations in the car, which passed the time. Although car rides were not that long, the conversation made them zoom by even quicker. In Far Cry 3, there is nothing to pass your time.

I'm curious to hear what people have to say about first-person driving. If you have some thought leave a comment either here or on the YouTube comments. It is probably best that you use the later because if you fill out the comments wrong on Blogger, it has a tendency to eat your comments up.

No comments: